SENIOR COLLEGE COUNTDOWN
- Carefully check your transcript for accuracy. You will be having it sent to colleges and want it to be right;
- Continue researching your college options through www.CollegeinColorado.org;
- Visit the College Visit portion of www.CollegeinColorado.org and plan which visits you want to attend in September and October. Have your parents excuse your absences from classes;
- Mark off the dates of the Boulder-area college fairs: October In-State College Night and October Out-of-State College Fair
- View college applications online and get a clear picture of your application tasks;
- Review your ACT testing schedule and sign up for fall testing dates as needed;
- Prepare letter of recommendation folders for your teachers and senior advisor;
- Present your recommendation folders to your teachers and senior advisor so they have ample time to work on them;
- Thank your teachers and your senior adivisor for writing a recommendation for you;
- Be well informed of the deadlines and requirement of your prospective colleges;
- If you plan to apply under Early Decision*, research what this will mean for you as far as financial aid and other deadlines are concerned;
- Sign up for a graduation/college planning appointment with your Senior Advisor. This must take place before November 1;
- Begin working on your Graduation Portfolio.
- Begin researching scholarships online through www.CollegeinColorado.org or the BPHS webpage;
- In you are applying Early Decision or Early Action*, have your recommendation folders to your teachers and senior advisor by October 15;
- Continue gathering applications and finalize your list of prospective colleges;
- Get moving on your applications!
- Sign up for the Block II Senior Life Skills class.
- All recommendation requests must be in to the senior advisors before Thanksgiving holiday;
- Beware of Early Action / Early Decision deadlines!
- Parents begin working on the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). These are online at www.fafsa.ed.gov;
- Continue research scholarships on www.CollegeinColorado.org;
- Finish college applications!
- Attend Financial Aid Night with your parents at BPHS;
- Make arrangements with Registrar’s Office to have Mid-Year Grade Reports sent to your colleges;
- Verify that all your application materials have been sent out.
- Prepare to file all federal financial aid forms-preferential filing date is usually February 15;
- If you have not taken it already or still need time to work on Senior projects, sign up for the Block III Senior Life Skills class.
- You are almost there! Continue scholarship search;
- You and your parents meet with your Senior Advisor to go over your “job list.”
- Prepare and submit application materials for the Boulder Prep Scholarship;
- Decision letters will begin to arrive;
- If you have not taken it already or still need time to work on Senior Projects, sign up for the Block IV Senior Life Skills class.
- Evaluate your financial aid offers;
- Prepare to notify your college of choice by the National Decision Date of your decision to attend.
- Meet with your Senior Advisor to go over your portfolio.
- Submit your request to have your final transcript sent to the college of your choice;
- Complete your Graduation Portfolio;
- Complete the Senior Survey.
* NOTE If you are applying early action or early decision to a college or university, you must speed up the above timetable. Deadlines for Early Decision and Early Action applications are usually November 1 or November 15.